Our goal here at Vida Veterinary Mobile Services is to provide you with the best quality medical care for your pets, in the comfort of their own home. Vida Veterinary is owned and operated by Dr. Alfredo Geigel-Ortiz. Although his primary focus is small animals and exotic pets (including fish and poultry), we take care of all shapes and sizes. Doctor Geigel started a mobile veterinary service because he believes in the importance of family. Not only does his service provide a great convenience to pet owners and their families, but it also blesses him with more time to perform his duties as a friend and a father.
Our passion is to keep your pet healthy and safe – Por Vida, for Life!
We are happy to assist you by phone or email to set up an appointment for your pets. Se habla Español
Growing up in Puerto Rico, I had the great fortune to work and play alongside my grandfather, who had a large farm and exposed me to animals from a very early age.
My passion for animals led me to Texas, where I graduated from the University of Texas with a degree in Biology. From Texas, my chocolate lab and I moved to Philadelphia, where I successfully completed my studies in Veterinary Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania.
I am driven to help pets by providing the best care possible. I love keeping up to date with research and technology, and integrating the latest and most current practices into my work.
Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society - San Antonio, TX
International Veterinary Acupuncture Society - San Antonio, TXSonora Veterinary Specialists - Phoenix, AZ
- Symposium: 38 hours of CE 2012
Remote Area Veterinary Medicine (RAVS)
- Rotating Internship in Surgery and Medicine with Board Certified Specialists 2006 – 2007
University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine - Philadelphia, PA
- Swine and bovine surgery at the Black Beauty Ranch, 2005 – 2006 Murchison, TX
- Equine and small animal medicine and surgery, 2001, 2003, 2004 Peten, Guatemala
- Cheyenne River, small animal medicine and surgery, 2004 Dakota, Arizona
University of Illinois School of Veterinary Medicine - Urbana, IL
- V.M.D. 2004
- Aquavet I & II, 2000, 2001; Woods Hole, MA
- Aquaculture Facilities Maintenance, designed, constructed and maintained aquaculture facilities
- N.I.H. Research Project: Collection, separation and identification of fish leucocytes and identification, localization and binding specificity of trout C3b receptors, 1998 – 2001
University of Pennsylvania Wharton Business School - Philadelphia, PA
- Envirovet Program: 2 weeks in White Oak Plantation, Florida; 1 week in Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institute,Florida; 3 weeks, Kenya, Africa, 2002
Louisiana State University School of Veterinary Medicine - Baton Rouge, LA
University of Florida School of Veterinary Medicine - Gainesville, FL
- Small Business Development Certificate Program (S.B.D.C.), 2000 – 2003
University of Puerto Rico at Mayagüez - Mayagüez, PR
- Diseases of Warmwater Fish courses, 1999
University of Texas at Austin - Austin, TX
- Aquaculture and Animal Industry, 1997 – 1998
Inter American University
- B.A. with minors in Zoology, Chemistry, Math and Spanish, 1994 – 1997
Banfield The Pet Hospital
Buttercup Creek Animal Hospital
- Chief of Staff, Formulary Committee, Coach veterinarian, Lead veterinarian for PetSmart exotic animals
Sonora Veterinary Specialists
- General practice, medicine and surgery in small animals and exotics pets
Geigel Aquatic Medicine
- Rotating Internship in Surgery and Medicine with board certified specialist
Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- Mobile veterinary; Surgery, treatments of fish, Pet shops and aquaculture consultant
- Pathologist Assistant, Cooperative Human Tissue Network (CHTN)